Senior Economist and Policy Advisor
Boston Federal Reserve
600 Atlantic Avenue
Boston, MA 02210-2204
- The Credit Card Debt Puzzle: The Role of Preferences, Credit Risk, and Financial Literacy (with
Last updated: April, 2017
Household Formation Over Time: Evidence from Two Cohorts of Young Adults
(with Daniel Cooper).
Last updated: January, 2017
Monetary Policy and Regional House-Price Growth
(with Daniel Cooper and Giovanni Olivei).
Last updated: November, 2016
The Rise and Fall of Consumption in the '00s
(with Yuliya Demyanyk, Dmytro Hryshko and Bent Sorensen).
Last updated: June, 2016
Moving to a Job: The Role of Home Equity, Debt, and Access to Credit
(with Y. Demyanyk, D. Hryshko and B. Sorensen).
AEJ: Macroeconomics 9(2) (2017), 149-181.
House Price Growth when Children are Teenagers: A Path to Higher
(with Daniel Cooper).
Journal of Urban Economics 86 (2015) 54-72
Read about it in the WSJ!
Time to Cook: Expenditure at Retirement in Spain
(with Almudena Sevilla-Sanz). The Economic Journal, volume 123, issue 569 (2013) 764-789.
Featured in the LSE blog!
- The Effect of Education on Risky Equity Holdings (with Dmytro Hryshko and Bent Sorensen). BE Journal of Economics Analysis & Policy (Contributions) 12(1) (2012), article 10.
- The User Cost, Home Ownership and Housing Prices: Theory and Evidence from the US (with Antonia Díaz). The International Encyclopedia of Housing and Home, Smith, S.J.; Elsinga, M.; Fox-O'Mahony, L.; Ong, S.E.; Wachter, S. (editors), Elsevier (2012).
- Homeownership: Economic Benefits (with Antonia Díaz). The International Encyclopedia of Housing and Home, Smith, S.J.; Elsinga, M.; Fox-O'Mahony, L.; Ong, S.E.; Wachter, S. (editors), Elsevier (2012).
Childhood Determinants of Risk Aversion: The Long Shadow of Compulsory Education
(with Dmytro Hryshko and Bent Sorensen), Quantitative Economics 2:1 (2011), 37-72.
Featured in Investment News: "Elders' education level found to be a factor in risk aversion"
- House Prices and Risk Sharing (with Dmytro Hryshko and Bent Sorensen), Journal of Monetary Economics 57:8 (2010), 975-987. Appendices
- The Wealth Distribution with Durable Goods (with Antonia Díaz), International Economic Review 51:1 (2010), 143-170.
A Penny Saved is Mobility Earned: Advancing Economic Mobility Through Savings
(by Reid Cramer, Rourke O'Brien, Daniel Cooper and Maria Luengo-Prado).
A report for PEW's Economic Mobility Project (2009).
- On the User Cost and Homeownership (with Antonia Díaz), Review of Economic Dynamics 11:3 (2008), 584-613.
- What Can Explain Excess Smoothness and Sensitivity of State-Level Consumption? (with Bent Sorensen), Review of Economics and Statistics 90:1 (2008), 65-80.
- Comparative Service Consumption in Six Countries (with Kalwij, A. and S. Machin with L. Blow, M. van Deelen, F. Gardes, M. Luengo-Prado, J. Ruiz- Castillo, J. Schmitt and C. Starzec). Services and Employment: Ex- plaining the U.S.-European Gap, W. Salverda, R. Schettkat and M. Gregory (Eds), Princeton University Press (2007), chapter, 109-140.
Durables, Nondurables, Down Payments and Consumption Excesses,
Journal of Monetary Economics, 53:1 (2006), 1509-1539.
- Consumption and Aggregate Constraints: International Evidence (with Joseph DeJuan), Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 68:1 (2006), 81-99.
- The Impact of Passenger Mix on Reported `Hub Premiums' in the U.S. Airline Industry (with Darin Lee), Southern Economic Journal, 72:2 (2005), 372-394.
- Quality Competition in the U.S. Airline Industry: Are Passengers Willing to Pay More for Additional Legroom? (with Darin Lee), Journal of Air Transport Management, 10:6 (2004), 377-383.
- Public Education, Communities and Vouchers, (with Oscar Volij), Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 43:1 (2003), 51-73.